1210 Rivermont Ave

  • Lower Rivermont
  • Misc.
  • Business
1210 Rivermont Ave
Property Name
Fire Station No. 4
Date Built
Edward G. Frye
Fire Station/Single Family
Style & Architectural Description
Classical Revival. 2-story hip-roofed fire station with 2-story projecting ell on front. Ell has a pedimented gable end with modillion cornice, brick quoins at each corner and a brick belt course. Small 1-story polygonal bay with an entrance at southeast corner; a brick tower with pyramidal roof and louvered vents is located in northwest corner.
  • 1904-1993 City of Lynchburg 
  • 1993 Lynchburg Historic Foundation
  • 1993-2004 Christian M. & Ann P. Gambone
  • 2004-2018 Firehouse 4 LLC
  • 2018-Present Woody's Firehouse LLC 
Anecdotal Information
Built as a fire station, City Fire Department Engine Co. No. 4 was located here from the early 20th century though 1991. The tower in the rear was used for drying hoses. The station saw both horse-drawn and motorized fire engines in use. From 1994-2001 James River Environmental Services Inc. was located here and from 1994-2004 this was the home of Anne Price Gambone, Inc. More recently, the second floor has been used as living space and the ground floor as an art studio and gallery.


Friends of Rivermont Inc. is the sole owner of this website and reserves the right to decide matters of content.

Contact Us

Gerard Sherayko

Department of History

Randolph College
2500 Rivermont Avenue
Lynchburg, VA 24503