Celebrating History.

WELCOME TO RIVERMONT AVENUE

Welcome to the Rivermont Avenue Heritage Trust, the official website of the Friends of Rivermont Historical Society.

The Rivermont Avenue subdivision was planned as a residential suburb of Lynchburg in the early 1890s. The name “Rivermont” can be traced to the 1850s’ property of William Daniel, Jr. and his wife Elizabeth Hannah Cabell. This original property stretched from near Point of Honor to the current Rivermont Avenue.

Tour Properties

3226 Rivermont Ave

Categories
  • Upper Rivermont
Address
3226
Property Name
Jeanie H. Anderson House
Date Built
1937
Architect
Pendleton S. Clark
Contractor
C. W. Hancock & Sons
Function
Single Family
Style & Architectural Description
Colonial Revival. 1 1/2-story, 5-bay, split-level brick Colonial Revival with hipped and gable slate roof, dormers, and 2 exterior chimneys. Main entrance features a paneled door jamb, pilasters and fanlight. Stone retaining walls in the front and rear yards are original to the house. Garage on southeast side on the house was enclosed, a fireplace was added and it converted to a family room.
Owners
  • 1937-1948 Jeanie H. Anderson
  • 1948-1975 Frances Y. Ryan 
  • 1975 Frances Young Ryan Estate
  • 1975-1977 James William & Katie L. Dobson
  • 1977-Present Kenneth S. & Susan F. Mayo
Anecdotal Information
--

logo

Friends of Rivermont Inc. is the sole owner of this website and reserves the right to decide matters of content.

Contact Us

Gerard Sherayko

Department of History

Randolph College
2500 Rivermont Avenue
Lynchburg, VA 24503

Email