Celebrating History.

WELCOME TO RIVERMONT AVENUE

Welcome to the Rivermont Avenue Heritage Trust, the official website of the Friends of Rivermont Historical Society.

The Rivermont Avenue subdivision was planned as a residential suburb of Lynchburg in the early 1890s. The name “Rivermont” can be traced to the 1850s’ property of William Daniel, Jr. and his wife Elizabeth Hannah Cabell. This original property stretched from near Point of Honor to the current Rivermont Avenue.

Tour Properties

1917 Rivermont Ave

Categories
Address
1917
Property Name
O. B. Barker House
Date Built
1929
Architect
Johnson & Brannan
Contractor
W. T. Jones
Function
Single Family
Style & Architectural Description
Colonial Revival. 1 1/2-story, 2-gable-roofed brick house with 1-story porch and projecting entrance bay on the north facade. Door has pseudo-Colonial surround.
Owners
  • 1929-1938 O. B. Barker
  • 1938-1959 J. E. & Alma C. Fauber
  • 1959-1960 Meade S. Irvine
  • 1960-1972 Bernard D. & Eloise H. Reams
  • 1972-1993 Seven Hills School Incorporated
  • 1993-1996 William M. Walker
  • 1996-2009 Renae R. Patrick
  • 2009-2011 Amanda M. Ramirez
  • 2011-Present Amanda Myers-Ramirez and Brain Myers 
Anecdotal Information
--

logo

Friends of Rivermont Inc. is the sole owner of this website and reserves the right to decide matters of content.

Contact Us

Gerard Sherayko

Department of History

Randolph College
2500 Rivermont Avenue
Lynchburg, VA 24503

Email